So you've finally decided to reinforce your castle against porch pirates, telling them to go pillaging for other people's booty (and Amazon packages) instead of your own. You've ordered a ParcelDrop or Parcelbin—one of CITIBIN's modern package mailboxes—to prevent stolen packages once and for all. Excellent choice!
There's just one more thing to resolve: How to tell package carriers—like UPS, FedEx, Amazon and the U.S. Postal Service—to deposit your packages in your locker.
With our drop mailbox, ParcelDrop, you're all set! Our attractive signs direct carriers to deliver to your package delivery box. They just need to lift the lid and deposit the packages, which are then held securely in a padlocked compartment only you can access.
With our package delivery box Parcelbin, you'll need to give package delivery services the combination. Just follow these easy tips.
How to Give Your UPS Carrier the Combo to Your Package Mailbox
Sign up for UPS My Choice. This account lets you manage when, where, and how your packages are delivered. Signing up for My Choice is free, although some of the services available may incur a fee (such as making changes to your delivery).
Once you've signed up for My Choice, there's an option to leave delivery instructions. To access it, log in to My Choice. In the upper-right-hand corner, click on your name. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on "Preferences."
- Under the "UPS My Choice" column, click "Edit Preferences."
Click on "Driver Instructions." A drop-down will reveal a "Gate or Building Security Code" window. Enter your Parcelbin combination there.
- Click "Save Changes," and you're good to go!
How to Give Your FedEx Carrier the Combo to Your Package Mailbox
Sign up for an account on the FedEx website. Log in. In the upper-right-hand corner, click your name. A drop-down menu, click "My Profile."
- In the left-hand column, click "FedEx Delivery Manager."
- Scroll down to the section "Delivery address(es) for." Add a delivery address, if yours is not listed. If your delivery address is listed, click "View/Edit."
- Under "Delivery Instructions," click "Edit."
- In the window labeled "Help us find your address," leave your Parcelbin combination. It can be helpful also to note something like "Leave in porch lock box" and where your Parcelbin or ParcelDrop can be found, relative to your front door.
How to Give Your USPS Carrier the Combo to Your Package Mailbox
Create an account at USPS.com.
- Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery.
- Click "Settings" in the upper-right-hand corner. Sign up for package alerts via text or email. For future packages, if a package qualifies for the USPS Delivery Instructions service, you can tell USPS where to leave a package at your address.
- Click "Change Delivery Instructions" on the tracking results page to input your Parcelbin combination and any other additional instructions.
How to Give Your Amazon Carrier the Combo to Your Package Mailbox
Sign in to your Amazon account. At the upper right, under "Account & Lists," click on "Account."
- Scroll down to "Ordering and Shopping Preferences." In that column, click "Your addresses."
- Find the square that contains your home address. There, click "Add delivery instructions."
- Under "Do we need a security code…?", enter your Parcelbin code in the Security Code window. Under "Additional instructions," you might also want to note something like "Leave in porch lock box" and where your Parcelbin or ParcelDrop can be found, relative to your front door.
CITIBIN's Modern Mailboxes: Package Delivery Made Easy
No matter what carrier you use, CITIBIN's package lockers take the frustration and anxiety out of home package delivery. Learn more about how ParcelDrop or Parcelbin
can keep your packages safe from theft and porch pirates, looking stylish all the while.